Friday, September 4, 2009

Windsor

September 3rd--We were going to wait until we woke up this morning to see how the weather was before officially making our plans for the day. It was partly cloudy and windy so we decided to go on to Windsor for the day. Mike took off before us to go mail a package and we were to meet him at the train station. After he left, I realized that he took the keys with him that we had to have to lock the apartment door. I knew we couldn't leave the door unlocked all day long so I contemplated what to do. I finally decided to send the kids down the stairs to the front lobby while I jumped off the balcony to the ground floor. Luckily, we were only on the 2nd floor so it really was no big deal and I met them in the lobby. Ok, so six months ago it would have probably been a big deal to send our kids out by themselves and lock the door behind them and then jump off a balcony, but at this point of traveling, its just how we roll. So, we caught the bus to meet Mike at the train station. We got on the 45 minute train to Windsor. When we arrived in Windsor, it was lunch time. We just started walking toward the Castle hoping to find a restaurant to it at. Well, we quickly spotted Nando's, the Portuguese restaurant we ate at the other night with Angel. We've gotten to a point where if we are really hungry, we want to eat somewhere that we know is good especially when London is a little pricey. So, after a wonderful lunch, we toured the Windsor Castle. We spent time touring the grounds, St. George's Chapel, Queen Mary's Dollhouse, and the staterooms. The Royal flag was not flying high which meant that the Queen was not at Windsor Castle. We found out in our tour that she usually spends her weekends there. After leaving the Castle, we went into some of the shops in Windsor before getting back on the train. It turned out to be a beautiful day so we were really glad we made the trip to Windsor.

No comments: