Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Narita
September 22nd--Today was a "transition" day. We started the day by enjoying a great breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Then we split up as Amy took the kids to the pool, while I went into Narita to take care of some travel arrangements. I took the hotel shuttle to the Narita train station to purchase our tickets for our travel around Japan. After getting our tickets, I set out to find an ATM machine. This isn't easy in Japan because most ATMs do not accept US bank cards. I finally located a 7-11 and got some needed cash (along with some good, cheap grocery store lunch...it felt like college days). Then it was back to the hotel to meet up with Amy and the kiddos. It was 1:30pm and they were heading upstairs for lunch when I met them. They decided to just grab some snacks for lunch from the hotel store. I had surprisingly passed a Hard Rock Cafe in Narita and so we decided to head there for dinner. After lunch, I took the kids back to the swimming pool while Amy came back to the room and got cleaned up. We then came back upstairs and showered before catching the 5pm hotel shuttle into Narita. This shuttle made quite a few stops so, it was close to 6pm before we arrived at Hard Rock. We enjoyed another great Hard Rock dinner before heading back to the hotel and packing up for our early train departure tomorrow morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment