Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wicked

August 28th--This morning when I woke up, I started looking at the Musicals here in town. I quickly noticed that Wicked was part of the Kids Week Shows and that Kids Week ended today. Kids Week means that with the purchase of an adult ticket a child can get in free. I knew we needed to take advantage of this so I wanted to get tickets for tonight's show of Wicked for Abby and I to go. Instead of buying them on the internet, we decided just to go by the Wicked Box Office. We all got dressed and left the apartment around 10:00. Luckily our bus takes us right to Victoria Station which is where the Wicked theater is located. The Box Office informed us that they had no more tickets available, but to go through Ticketmaster. So, Mike called Ticketmaster and got us tickets for tonight's show. Abby and I were so excited. From here, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. This is the location where it all started back in 1971. Before going into the restaurant, we walked through the Rock Shop and then went into the Vault. This was such a fun experience to enter the vault and see many famous guitars and other priceless items. The most expensive "priceless" guitar is Jimmy Hendrix's guitar which is insured for more than 3 million pounds! After eating lunch, we went to the Tower of London. Inside the Tower of London, we enjoyed the wall walk where we got a great view of the Tower Bridge. From here, we were going to watch a sword fight out in the grass, but the rain stopped that from happening. So, we took cover inside the restaurant for a snack and hot chocolate. Today, the weather has been cooler and rainy off and on. After the rain stopped, we went inside to view the crown jewels and talk to some of the employees about England's history and royalty. It was about 4:00 when we made our way out of the Tower of London and across the Tower Bridge. The bridge is one of the most famous symbols of London. From here, we took the bus to Liverpool Street. My mom had shipped Abby's homeschool stuff to the cousin of a good friend of ours. It took us a little bit to locate Angel's office, but we finally did and she was waiting on us outside. It was so good to meet her and to finally put a face with a name. After visiting with Angel for a little bit and retrieving the box, we headed out to get on the bus back to our apartment. It took us about an hour to arrive back at our apartment. So, by the time we got there it was 6:00. Abby and I quickly grabbed our stuff and headed out the door for Wicked. Mike had made Abby a sandwich which she ate on the bus. We had to pick up our tickets at Will Call so we wanted to get there early. Well, we got there with plenty of time and the line was pretty short. We had to wait about 45 minutes before the show started. Abby was very patient though. She entertained herself by flipping through the program several times. Wicked was absolutely wonderful! I had warned Abby that there might be some scary parts, but she never got scared at all. She kept waiting for the scary part that never came. At one point and time during the show she leaned over to me and said "Mommy, I'm so glad I came with you." It was so cute. We had a great Mommy/Daughter night. We arrived back at the apartment around 11:00 all wired from the show. Mike was still awake so we spent a good while telling him all about the show and he told us that he and Austin had a good night hanging out. It was about midnight before we winded down and went to bed.

No comments: