Monday, February 2, 2009

Endings....and Beginnings.

Well, for those of you who haven't heard, we are taking a "family sabbatical". We (Amy, Abby, Austin & Mike - hereafter referred to as 3AM) plan on traveling the world for the next year; maybe longer...or shorter, who knows. We sold our house in Frisco and moved out on Jan 16th. We put all our "stuff" in storage. We have spent the last 2 weeks with our families and leave out of DFW on February 3rd. We are looking forward to this adventure and hope to update this site on a regular basis with our stories and pictures.

7 comments:

Brent Jaye said...

I'm breaking this puppy in . . . So impressed with the path you have taken. It takes a lot of courage to go against the grain and I'm confident you've inspired the Seattle Jaye's to act in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Well, here we are ... and there you go ... off to see the world! I hope it's everything you want it to be! Amy, don't forget to send postcards! Hopefully, you'll have time to send one from the starting line at DFW. Much love to all of you. I'll miss each and every one. Have the time of your lives!

VP said...

Mike - Congrats to you and the family for taking this amazing journey around the world!

I'm really looking forward to hearing about the world travels and Mike G. and the family!

Be safe!

vp

Ann said...

Safe travels! I will use your blog as my escape! Enjoy every minute! You will be missed!
Take Care of each other...

ChelsV said...

Enjoy this wonderful adventure of seeing the world! You will all be missed. Safe travels! I can't wait to live your adventure through your postings and your pictures.
Take care and be safe!
Chels

Janice said...

Mike, you and your family are so blessed!! If you stop in Scotland, have a Guinness for me!

tito said...

Did we land? Just remember that you'll quickly put the miserable plane ride experience behind you. In no event are those 14+ hour flights fun!